I currently work in private practice as an IBCLC and as a doula. I am currently available for lactation office visits at the Pasqua South Medical Clinic or alternatively I can book visits in your home.

For office visits please call 306-525-6837
For in home consults call 306-550-6143 or email kasmith@accesscomm.ca
For doula inquires call 306-550-6143 or email kasmith@accesscomm.ca

For more information visit my website

Thursday, January 31, 2013

But what if she cannot help?



You are considering a Lactation Consultant because you want to enjoy all that breastfeeding offers. Your desire for breastfeeding to work makes you want to believe in that fact that someone that can tell you about what is happening and how to make it better if it is not going as desired. However, you have some skepticism making you reluctant to commit to calling, making an appointment or spending the money.  

I can appreciate that. Perhaps you have had many families unsuccessfully attempt to breastfeed. Perhaps a friend had a bad experience. Maybe you have sought the help of others already and did not find the support that you needed and you think another person will have no more to offer. I want to help eliminate the fear of seeking out yet another resource and tell you I am confident we can overcome almost all obstacles that might be standing in your way. 

You have a fear of loss when considering spending money on Lactation services. Not only can be there be a loss of money, there can also be a loss of breastfeeding. I want to help reduce those fears. I can not guarantee 100% success depending on your situation and each mom and baby is unique, but I can guarantee that I will continue to work with you until you are at a place that you are content. I guarantee to continue performing services until you are satisfied with where you are at. 

As you can see when you look at my website, I have lactation packages and they give time frames. These are just rough time frames to give you an idea about how much time consults take. With all of these packages you get email/phone support, phone check ins and if needed return visits will be scheduled. Often breastfeeding concerns can be resolved quickly but sometimes they take a bit longer. You may not know what you are facing, which is why I offer these packages, so that there is no fear about the clock ticking away while we work on the issues and concerns you are having. 

I am always willing to listen to your history and give you an idea of what a lactation care plan might look like to help you decide on moving forward. 

No comments: